Your personal information
Personal information held by us may include your name, date of birth, current or previous addresses, telephone or mobile phone number, email address, bank account or credit card details, occupation, and driver’s licence number.
There may be occasions in which you need to provide us with personal information about other individuals, for example, an emergency contact or your authorised representative. In these situations, we rely on you to inform those individuals that you are providing their personal information to us and to contact us if they require further information.
Why we collect your personal information
The collection of personal information is necessary for the general operation of our business. The information we collect will depend upon the reason for which it is collected. The main reasons are:
- For recruitment and employment;
- To provide you with removalist services, box orders/deliveries and other MiniMovers products and/or services;
- For marketing;
- To respond to comments, enquiries or requests made via our website;
- For finance purposes – processing payments, invoicing and debt collection.
We may collect sensitive information regarding individuals, including but not limited to:
- Criminal records;
- Driving records;
- Medical records
We will only collect sensitive information in circumstances whereby:
- The relevant individual consents to the collection of the information; or
- We are required or authorised by law to collect personal information
How we collect your personal information
Personal information is collected by us in various ways, including: From you, when you directly provide information to us for example by phone, in application forms or other agreements or when you submit your personal details through our websites;
- From third parties such as credit reporting agencies, your legal adviser, representatives or government agencies;
- From past or current employers;
- From publicly available sources of information;
- From our own records if you have used one of our services in the past;
- When legally required to do so.
Use and Disclosure of personal information
Your personal information may be used and disclosed to: Identify you;
- Communicate with you;
- Provide you with the products and/or services you require from us;
- Administer and manage those services including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- Conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness or fraud;
- Market research and development of our services;
- For marketing – to promote and market services and products to you by way of direct mail, telemarketing, email (where consent is given), SMS messages and to run competitions and/or offer additional benefits.
- Gain an understanding of your needs in order for us to provide you with better service;
- Maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
To deliver the services you require, we may disclose your personal information to third parties and other organisations, outside of MiniMovers Pty Ltd. When disclosing this information, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information. These organisations may carry out our:
- Customer enquiries;
- Mailing operations;
- Billing and debt-recovery functions;
- Repair and replacement services;
- Marketing and telemarketing services;
- Website usage analysis.
Other than stated above, MiniMovers will not disclose personal information, unless you have authorised us to do so. This policy applies only to MiniMovers and not to other Websites of Companies or Organisations to which the MiniMovers Pty Ltd Website may be linked.
If you do not wish us, or related companies to contact you to promote and market products, services and special offers to you, please send an email to: [email protected]
At MiniMovers we take all steps and precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. The accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. If you believe your personal information is not accurate, complete or up to date please contact us.
Access and Correction: Personal Data
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you need to access or alter in any way your personal information, please let us know. You may be required to put a request in writing and provide suitable identification for security reasons.
Storage and Security
Personal information may be stored by us in hard copy documents or electronically. We are committed to keeping your details secure and to have suitable procedures in place to safeguard your personal information. Some of the ways we do this is access control to our buildings; security measures for access to our computers and for our websites. In addition, we will review the personal information held by us from time to time, ensuring that information which is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was initially collected is destroyed or de-identified (provided it is lawful for us to do so).
Your privacy on the Internet
MiniMovers takes care to ensure that the personal information you provide via our websites is protected. For example, our websites have electronic security systems in place, including firewalls.
You may be able to access external websites by clicking on the links we have provided. Those other websites are not subject to our privacy standards, policies and procedures. Although we are committed to ensuring that information sent over the website is safe, no guarantee can be given that information sent over the Internet is completely secure.
If you have any questions or complaints about privacy issues please contact MiniMovers Pty Ltd on 1300 366 000 or write to:
MiniMovers Pty Ltd PO Box 29 ACACIA RIDGE QLD 4110